Meet the Beets BLU Heart Rate Monitor
So recently I’ve been approached by a few companies and asked to review different products. And I was particularly interested to review the latest gadget – a Beets BLU Heart Rate Monitor. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I am by no means an exercise junkie. However I do like to stay moderately fit and I’ve recently taken up cycling again. This was the perfect opportunity to review the Beets BLU Monitor. Control of one’s heart rate is very important for training, as it helps you to achieve your desired results. Depending on the goal of one’s workout, you can:
- Strengthen your cardiovascular system
- Increase your stamina
- Burn fat
- Avoid your heart beating too fast
The Beets BLU Monitor is a wireless heart rate monitor that sits around your chest with a comfortable chest strap. It features:
- Heart rate sensor with belt around chest delivers the most accurate heart rate readout thanks to ECG-based technology
- Smoothly sync with iOS phones (iPhone 5, 4S) and selected Android devices* No dongle required
- System consumes low energy therefore a small firmware battery is enough for more than a year
- A recorder that works with all popular apps like Endomondo, Runkeeper, Map My Run, etc
- Wearable tracker approaches to running, fitness, crossfit, spinning, workout, exercise and other athletic sport.
The Beets BLU is compatible with:
— Apple iPhone 4S (and later)
— Apple iPad 3 (and later)
— Any smartphone with Android 4.3 (and later) with Bluetooth 4.0
- It also works with Ipads.
I found the Beets BLU easy to use, once I had downloaded the app (which was a bit fiddly). But this device is comfortable to wear and provides a very accurate heart rate measurement. The only downside to this product is that you have to take your phone with you, which for runners may be a little tedious if you are used to running without carrying anything with you.
Overall, this is a great product for those who wish to maintain an active lifestyle, or those with cardiac problems. Father’s Day is coming up in the UK next weekend. The Beets BLU would make an ideal Father’s Day gift!